Introduction to Foreign Exchange Markets
In 1971, Foreign exchange currency rates switched from being fixed to floating and а new market opened up. The Foreign exchange currency rates between two countries were now subject to the trading volume between them and their respective market dynamics. Since then, foreign trade and therefore foreign currency exchange trade has grown by leaps and bounds, reaching а turnover of US$3.2 Trillion in 2007 with а 71% increase since 2004. Foreign exchange trade became а new business opportunity which exploited the volatility of the exchange rates for profit.
Foreign exchange market is not only the biggest international trade market but also the longest running, operating 24 hours а day except weekends. This makes it more sensitive to international events and therefore more respondent to market changes.
Learning Forex trading is about learning how currencies are exchanged and it requires an in-depth knowledge of economic developments in the International markets, as well as domestic markets. The fundamentals are simple, but acquiring mastery over trading requires years of experience. Trading in this market is usually done on phone and nowadays, largely on the Internet. You can trade from anywhere in the world. All you need is an Internet connection, a decent capital investment and a willingness to learn. The cost of operation from the Internet is lower and also faster compared to traditional methods.
learn Forex trading online
Online Forex Trading ,You can start with а practice account in which you do not actually trade but get used to the procedure of online trading. Read charts, make calculations and place virtual buy and sell orders before you start trading in Real time.
Another exercise you can do is to follow and read the currency trade news in financial Portals and News sites. They give а daily quote and analysis of the exchange rates and you can get the live quotes online. Make your own virtual transactions based on the data. Make а table or record of virtual profits and losses. Once you start beating the markets confidently on а regular basis, make а real investment in Forex markets online.
Forex Brokerage sites provide you with software programs and online tools for analysis and а Forex account. You can start trading from the comfort of your home. Alternatively, you can take Forex trade training which will give you the depth of knowledge and grasp of fundamental principles.
What you essentially do is to trade between pairs of currencies which are listed in the order of their market value. Online trading is mainly direct exchange of currencies which forms US$ 1.4 trillion of market share.
For Live exchange rates Sydney Forex
Types of Forex Transactions
There are many ways in which Forex transactions can occur differing in volume and time of transaction. They are
1) Swap: The most common type of transaction that happens in Forex markets, swap is an exchange of currencies for а previously decided period of time followed by re-exchange by mutual agreement. These dealings do not happen by contracts. These transactions are most common in the market.
2) Spot: As the name suggests, spot transaction is an exchange of currencies done in the shortest time, usually two days and in cash. Interest rate is not applied in the transaction. It is а direct exchange transaction between two currencies. This is the second most common transaction after swap.
3) Forward: Forward transaction is an agreement between а buyer and seller to purchase or sell а currency at а predestined future date by mutual agreement. The time period set may vary from days to months. These types of transactions reduce volatility risks.
4) Future: This is another type of forward transaction but with а formal structure decided in the market. The buying and selling date is set for, up to Three months in the future and interest is inclusive in the price.
5) Option: A derivative type of transaction is option or FX option .In this buyer and the seller agree upon a future date for exchanging currency. Although the seller has а right to sell at that predestined date, he has no obligation to do so. This is а more flexible option than ‘Forward’ or ‘Future’ transactions.
You have an option of getting your account managed by а professional brokerage company but it is very important that you understand what transactions the firm is making for you. Ultimately it is your money and you have to be responsible for it. You could also start working as a partner with a brokerage firm once you think you have а good understanding of Forex transactions and your success rate is higher.
One advantage of the direct exchange Forex market is that liquidity is not а problem here. The market deals in liquid assets that are currency. Make sure that after you have invested in the markets, you have а backup plan and some savings other than these investments. Do not place all your eggs in the same basket. I mean that metaphorically. It is a hectic form of trade and you need to be in touch with the market pulse all day. Still if you think you have got the patience and the capacity to deal with volatile markets, you are in for some big bucks and this is а good career opportunity for you.